Concert-goes hospitalized during Keith Urban show

Concert-goes hospitalized during Keith Urban show

Keith Urban arrives at the 56th annual GRAMMY Awards at Staples Center on Sunday, Jan. 26, 2014, in Los Angeles. Photo: Associated Press/Jordan Strauss/Invision

Dozens of concert-goers were hospitalized during Keith Urban’s concert in Mansfield, Massachusetts on Saturday night.

The You’ll Think of Me hitmaker brought his Raise ‘Em Up Tour to the Xfinity Center but the gig was marred when emergency medics from five mutual aid communities were called in to treat a high number of revelers who had become ill.

Local police and fire chiefs tell news station NECN that 46 people were treated for “alcohol-related” illnesses, and 22 of them were sent to local hospitals for further treatment.

In addition, 50 concertgoers were arrested and taken into custody for unspecified reasons.

In a joint statement, the local Police and Fire Department officials say, “We would like to commend all those working the concert from ushers, to security, to the Police, EMS, and Fire personnel who worked and the local hospitals for their professionalism and resilient efforts during this busy show.”

Last month, Swedish DJ Avicii’s nearby Boston gig also descended into chaos as audience members fell ill, with around 50 people treated by paramedics on site and another 36 taken to nearby hospitals, pointing to dehydration or excessive alcohol and drug use as a probable cause.

Recent Headlines

in Music

Adele’s ’25’ continues to smash records


British singer Adele's new album sold a record 3.38 million U.S. copies in its first full week, Nielsen Music said, becoming the biggest-selling album of 2015 in an astonishing feat for an era when artists rarely top 1 million.

in Entertainment

Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole


Rapper and "Law & Order" star Ice-T and wife Nicole 'Coco' Austin welcomed their first child together on Saturday.

in Weird

That’s not Santa in your chimney


Authorities say a suspected burglar who became stuck in the chimney of a Central California home died after the homeowner unknowingly lit a fire in the fireplace.