Thanks to EVERYONE who came out to the Urbana Market at the Square last Saturday and visited the Mix tent. Of course we can’t take total credit for the huge crowds in attendance for possibly the best weekend of the summer - the Market has a loyal fanbase that never misses a Saturday. But plenty of folks stopped by to say hello and register to win Market gift certificates from us, and we had a GREAT time!!
In fact – let’s do it again! We’ll be broadcasting live on September 7th from 8-10, celebrating Sprouts at the Market.
I was busy with the broadcast and didn’t get to focus on my shopping as much as I like…but I still managed to pick up a few yummy things. EVERYTHING is in season right now, by the way:
- peanut butter cookies (always in season!) from Ed’s Place
- nectarines (WOW!) from Mileur Orchard (love those people)
- butter rum crunch soy candle (smells so good I could eat it) from Small Town Girls
- kale (every week)
- a HUGE melon
- lime & lavender soap from Monticello Soap Company
- a fresh-cut bunch of gladiolas (see pic below)
- a bunch of edamame…I’d never seen them like this:
And I had to share what that $5 bunch of glads looks like after a couple days:
Join me this Saturday at the Urbana Market at the Square – it’s every Saturday rain or shine from 7-noon, on the corner of Illinois and Vine in downtown Urbana. And plan to eat breakfast there, where you can nosh on a GIANT burrito from my friends in the Mas Amigos truck.